Being Harassed By Neighbor...

Andora

Songster
11 Years
Aug 26, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
I should have posted my thread in here originally! I never noticed this section before.

Here is a link to it in another section of BYC.

To make a long, long story short the law is now on my side but the anonymous neighbor continues to make false complaints! She's even posting them on a local Yahoo Cheapcycle group and giving out my name and location to people who respond...

Last edited:
Quote:
it sounds like you have grounds for a lawsuit.

Tell her that is considered stalking, and that you intend to take the appropriate legal steps to insure that she either stops or pays for the crime.

that might shut her up, but if it doesn't, I'd go ahead with it and file a police report.

if they hesitate to help, tell them she is giving out private information and you are worried about your identity being stolen, or that she seems threatening to you. (btw, did you know that KY has one of the most "property owner protecting" Castle Laws in the country
wink.png
)

meri

thumbsup.gif

It definitely sounds like she is stalking you, and giving out your information is simply scary. Let the police know that you are SCARED of what she may do to you and your family as well as to your birds.

Ask for extra patrols through your neighborhood. Talk to your city/town attorney. You need both legal and physical protection from this person.

Has the freecycle owner gotten back with you about the neighbor's posts?

The freecycle site should be cooperating, and if you need the police to enforce this you may have to contact your state FBI. Here, the RCMP handle internet issues. The USA was instrumental in creating the new privacy and security legislation for the internet, so this should be resolved, fast. Be sure to consult other neighbors so they can react to other suspicious activities by this person- you may not be alone. There is a creep like this near us, picking on a friend, but I thibk perhaps he will soon be moving, not even the general store will have him on the property.

She posted something further on cheapcycle, and we called the police. They are sending an officer out to discuss everything. I'll post it all on the other thread in the link, just to keep everything more in once place.

Thanks for your helpful thoughts and comments everyone!

Sounds to me like you may have the makings of a slander/libel/harrasment suit against this person-not familiar with the laws where you live, but if what they are saying is false-shame on 'em!

Back
Top Bottom