Belgian d’Uccle - crossing Black mottled with?

Drarig99

Songster
5 Years
Oct 21, 2017
Hi,

I have Black mottled, Porcelaine and Millies d’Uccles and possibly Silver porcelaine youngsters (we’ll see how they turn out when grown).
As my Black mottled are sibblings, would Porcelaine or Silver porcelaine over Black mottled give me standard d’Uccle color?
P.S. Sorry for my poor English.

Your English is quite fine.

Short answer; no, but they may then be bred back to the relevant parent colour for correct offspring.

First gen offspring will be mottled, however as their e-series are mixed, they will have inconsistent patterns of leakage. Black mottled is extended black on the e-loci. I believe millefleur and porcelain are usually eb partridge; porcelain with the recessive lavender gene added. The result will be black mottled with red leakage to varying degrees.

As extended black covers up the ground color, we don't know whether your black mottled are silver or gold. If silver, I would expect splodgy black and whites, which may appear similar to black mottled, but wouldn't be.

If your extended black are gold based, offspring would depend on which parent is which. If the father is the gold based, mother silver, offspring would be red sex links, though I don't know as you'd see it in the chick down.

Last edited:
Your English is quite fine.

Short answer; no, but they may then be bred back to the relevant parent colour for correct offspring.

First gen offspring will be mottled, however as their e-series are mixed, they will have inconsistent patterns of leakage. Black mottled is extended black on the e-loci. I believe millefleur and porcelain are usually eb partridge; porcelain with the recessive lavender gene added. The result will be black mottled with red leakage to varying degrees.

As extended black covers up the ground color, we don't know whether your black mottled are silver or gold. If silver, I would expect splodgy black and whites, which may appear similar to black mottled, but wouldn't be.

If your extended black are gold based, offspring would depend on which parent is which. If the father is the gold based, mother silver, offspring would be red sex links, though I don't know as you'd see it in the chick down.

Thanks a lot. That’s now very clear! ☺️

Back
Top Bottom