AJ916

Songster
8 Years
Jul 4, 2015
I’m the first to admit I’m SUCH a newbie when it comes to the genetics of the color varieties of d’Uccles, but I’m wanting to learn more as i have some color variations I’m wanting to breed one day and I’m hoping to have a better understanding of what exactly I’ll be producing by doing so! So far, I have one porcelain d’Uccle hen, and three Golden Neck d’Uccle hens with one Golden Neck d’Uccle roo. I’ve read how Golden Necks are just Millie Fleurs with the splash gene? But I’m not sure if that’s true or not. I’ve also read Porcelains are just Millie Fleurs with the lavender gene to dilute the black and red.
What offspring would be produced most likely by crossing the golden neck hens to the golden neck roo? Just more golden necks or possibly a Millie by diluting the splash?
What offspring might be produced by crossing the Golden Neck roo to my Porcelain hen?

I had a Millie Fleur Hen and a Blue Millie Hen but both sadly died and were two of my favorite birds. I’m hoping I can somehow breed these Golden necks and/or Porcelain and get a Millie looking d’Uccle in the mix even if it isn’t true to color standard.

Any and all help is welcome, please correct me on anything I’m mistaken on and educate me! The more to learn the better!

golden neck hens to the golden neck roo? Just more golden necks or possibly a Millie by diluting the splash?
More golden necks. I’m not sure what “diluting the splash” means. Splash is a dilution of black. It has two copies of blue meaning splash to splash will always produce two copies of blue which means more splash.
What offspring might be produced by crossing the Golden Neck roo to my Porcelain hen?
It depends on if the golden neck uses splash or dominant white in the spangles.
If splash, you will get all blue mille fluer.
If white, you will get golden neck but some of the parts that are black on a mille fluer would still be black. (Essentially paint)
If you breed these offspring together (whether blue or “paint”) some of their offspring should be mille fluer.

golden neck hens to the golden neck roo? Just more golden necks or possibly a Millie by diluting the splash?
More golden necks. I’m not sure what “diluting the splash” means. Splash is a dilution of black. It has two copies of blue meaning splash to splash will always produce two copies of blue which means more splash.
It depends on if the golden neck uses splash or dominant white in the spangles.
If splash, you will get all blue mille fluer.
If white, you will get golden neck but some of the parts that are black on a mille fluer would still be black. (Essentially paint)
If you breed these offspring together (whether blue or “paint”) some of their offspring should be mille fluer.
Oh okay! That explained it so much better for me. Thank you! Someone tried to explain it all to me and mentioned something along the lines of how Golden necks are either from dominant white or splash and they said if I were to breed the Golden neck hen to the Golden neck roo and they were splash that it could somehow dilute that overtime and Millie would come through. That’s why I wanted to come on here and ask because it sounded a little confusing and off the way he explained it!
I figured with golden necks still being a type of millie that I would be able to somehow breed them around and get millie to show through. Am I correct in saying that Porcelains are also a millie but bred with lavender that covers the brown and black? He told me that as well so I thought I’d double check!

were to breed the Golden neck hen to the Golden neck roo and they were splash that it could somehow dilute that overtime
Dominant white will dilute the gold lighter and lighter over time, so golden neckxgolden neck can produce a whiter looking bird unless you occasionally cross mille fluer in. Splash doesn’t tend to dilute as much.
Am I correct in saying that Porcelains are also a millie but bred with lavender that covers the brown and black?
The lavender dilutes the gold and black.

Back
Top Bottom