1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Belly button comb? Donut comb?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by watchdogps, Oct 25, 2011.

1. watchdogps

watchdogps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    There doesn't seem to be such things but my rooster has one! No, really, he has a fairly low comb, no tall spikes, and I guess it would be considered single. But when looking at him straight on, his comb has a circle. It looks like a naval, or a tiny donut. What would that be considered? He's a mutt, maybe jap bantam, but who really knows.

2. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Pics, please!

3. phasianidae

phasianidae Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    Quote:X2

4. mommissan

mommissan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    Adirondacks
    Yah.... I gotta see this!

5. LynninOK

LynninOK Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2011
    Claremore, Oklahoma
    Sounds kind of like my Yokohama's comb... I have to look up what it's called.

6. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    sounds like an inverted comb to me...

it's when a comb is squished in instead of out... you can fix it, and if you fix it early, it will be fine... i put some lotion on it for an hour or so and massage it... then grab a point and pull it all out... then if it's really bad, i get some popcicle sticks, break it in half and tape it on each side pressing it together... that way when he's older, it's not all fat and hallow like.. then when you dub it, it bleeds a ton and is a huge hole instead of a sharp nice job...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by