Belly Rubs

asphaltwarrior1

Songster
Nov 4, 2018
Loch Sheldrake New York
So for the past few days my Buff Babies ( after verifying with my breeder friends) approx 5-6 weeks old have been really getting used to me handling them. So as a result of this, the past two days they developed a new habit . They will run to the door of the kennel in the van when I open it and just let me love up on them with belly rubs and what not. I just had to show my wife when she came home from traveling for the holiday. I'm sure all chiclens have some ability to be this docile, but these Buff Orpington are my first and have me ruined. Love them lol. Hope this is an appropriate forum for this type of post, if not admin can you move it for me and.let me know where to post them .

Last edited:
So cute. I think they are fast learners.
What do you mean by the van? Is their coop a van?
I have them inside a dog kennel in the back of my winter beater till I button up the last few details on their coop and run,( 8x8 run with starter coop inside )that they will live in till I can build the 8x10 coop and attach it to the run this coming spring.

So for the past few days my Buff Babies ( after verifying with my breeder friends) approx 5-6 weeks old have been really getting used to me handling them. So as a result of this, the past two days they developed a new habit . They will run to the door of the kennel in the van when I open it and just let me love up on them with belly rubs and what not. I just had to show my wife when she came home from traveling for the holiday. I'm sure all chiclens have some ability to be this docile, but these Buff Orpington are my first and have me ruined. Love them lol. Hope this is an appropriate forum for this type of post, if not admin can you move it for me and.let me know where to post them .

I have a Buff Orpington named Priscilla. She is 12 weeks old. She is the same way. I call her my little cuddle bug. She loves to jump up on my lap if I am sitting in their run with them and just snuggle down in the crook of my arm, sometimes peeping my ear off and sometimes will just nap, and I'll just pet her and love on her. The other day I was squatting down outside of their fencing of their enclosure just chatting with them and she jumped up on the fencing (is just a makeshift hardware cloth enclosure to separate them from the big girls-they aren't integrated yet) to jump up on my shoulder. Then preceded to tell me all about her day so far. That was a first. They are such a sweet and loving breed!
:love
IMG_4100.JPG

Next step is to slide your hand under, fingers between and on each side of legs, and pick em up. Might want to put a barrier 6-8" high at bottom of door opening to make it hard for them to get out.
Do you have any heat for them in there?

Back
Top Bottom