Beloved chickens death

It is hard. Recently I am coming to understand that I will never truly get over some losses. In a way you just move on. There are other wonderful chickens that will enter your life but the special ones are just that. Years later something will trigger your memory and you will remember them.

This however is part of the joy of life. The memories of special individuals and events give color to our lives. You have beautiful photos of her. At some point an actual photo album might be a nice tribute or treasured memento. I have started hanging photos on the wall. I am sure non-chicken people will think it odd but I find it comforting.
20200924_073429.jpg

When one of my chickens die I take the numbered tag off their leg or zip tie (for pure breds) and take some feathers to put in a bag. Some times I don't get the zip tie because the animal took off with the chicken. Then I dig a hole and put the chicken in and cover the hole. Then if I need to I feed the chickens and spend time with them. I'm very sorry for your loss. She was very beautiful young bird. :hugs :hugs:hugs

It is hard. Recently I am coming to understand that I will never truly get over some losses. In a way you just move on. There are other wonderful chickens that will enter your life but the special ones are just that. Years later something will trigger your memory and you will remember them.

This however is part of the joy of life. The memories of special individuals and events give color to our lives. You have beautiful photos of her. At some point an actual photo album might be a nice tribute or treasured memento. I have started hanging photos on the wall. I am sure non-chicken people will think it odd but I find it comforting.
View attachment 2346220
Wait, you took your chicken to see Santa!? Why haven’t I thought of that! That picture is soooo cute!

Wait, you took your chicken to see Santa!? Why haven’t I thought of that! That picture is soooo cute!
I did not even think about that photo being in the background. By no means do I want to hijack this thread so I will just link to the story here. Maybe it will cheer you up @Chicken Chicken Love .

I did take Lilly to see Santa. Here is the post from my thread with the whole story and the video of her riding in the car which is just special.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom