Beltsville White poults, 2 wks. old for PU only - PA 17315

PAzoo2

Chirping
10 Years
Jan 14, 2010
Dover, PA 17315
I had a 100% hatch rate - which leaves me with 6-8 extra birds to re home. I have two lines - 3/4 of my birds are from J. Pool who stated he has Canadian bloodlines in his birds. I am willing to raise them through to 4 weeks to guarantee health and strength.

Feel free to email me with questions. Pictures to follow.

Here is a description of Beltsville Whites - taken from the American Livestock Breed Conservancy...they are on the critical list and a Great bird for the small homestead.

"Young Beltsville turkey hens weigh 10 pounds and young toms weigh 17 pounds. The plumage is white, with the head red to bluish white. The beard is black, the beak is horn colored, and the eyes are dark brown. Shanks and toes are pinkish white."

"Today the Beltsville Small White is quite rare and primarily raised by few exhibition breeders. Research flocks exist at both the Iowa State University and the University of Guelph, however, public access to these flocks is almost non-existent. In recent years there has been a revival of interest in this variety. Efforts are underway to locate and conserve any remnant flocks in the United States and Canada."

I spend a lot of time with my birds - they are free ranging, well fed and very fun to have around. If you are thinking about turkeys - please consider a rare or heritage variety!

I have been wanting to give these a try. I live in Iowa, don't know how that would work with shipping? I would like to know, what do I need to do to be able to keep them with chickens? I know there is a parocite that causes black head, and there is a wormer to give but Im not sure about the details. Due to preditors all the birds must live in a pen with my guardian dog. That mean chickens and turkeys. Do you think I could pull that off? There are about 15 chickens on 1 acer? So its not crowded. If yo think I could do this then I would love to give them a go.

Thank you for any info.

Jauson

Back
Top Bottom