Bessemer Thread Revisited - No Flaming :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They look like BO's to me too. Could they be Jumbo BO's? Like we have Jumbo Pekins? Or like we have many chickens now bred in bantam sizes? Just a thought.

Quote:
Short for Dutch Hook Billed; Kromsnaveleend. No, I don't have any Bessemerlings to proove non-mule-dom. But, also, the Drakes have short tails and Sex-Feathers.

yes i noticed the tails but I don't know if that really indicates anything. besides they can't be considered a breed unless they actually breed.

If im correct banny hens & ducks is in canada. Right? Maybe its just a ULTRA rare breed ONLY known in canada. So maybe it is a breed, cant we just take banny hens word for it? I do.

Quote:
yes i noticed the tails but I don't know if that really indicates anything. besides they can't be considered a breed unless they actually breed.

If im correct banny hens & ducks is in canada. Right? Maybe its just a ULTRA rare breed ONLY known in canada. So maybe it is a breed, cant we just take banny hens word for it? I do.

Thank you, DUCKGIRL89. Boy, it's been like pulling teeth just to convince people that that these birds actually exist, that they are actually ducks, that they are an actual breed, and so forth. People seem quite willing to argue against something they are uneducated about. Thanks.

Last edited:
Quote:

Thank you, DUCKGIRL89. Boy, it's been like pulling teeth just to convince people that that these birds actually exist, that they are actually ducks, that they are an actual breed, and so forth. Thanks.

Your welcome. I didnt think it was a breed either, then I read up a little more
big_smile.png

I think they are beautiful! And I hope you breed them and keep babies so they can become recinized. (spelled that wrong
lol.png
)

The Duck ABC's :

No such breed!

I agree...in Dave holderreads book it explains what it takes for a new type of duck to become a breed. So many people have to raise them, breed them and then show them for the duck to become a breed. I'm pretty sure that's what the requirements are anyways...it's been a while since I read the book​

Last edited:
duck&chickencrazy :

The Duck ABC's :

No such breed!

I agree...in Dave holderreads book it explains what it takes for a new type of duck to become a breed. So many people have to raise them, breed them and then show them for the duck to become a breed.​

Well, hows this, its the begining of a new breed.​

Quote:
I agree...in Dave holderreads book it explains what it takes for a new type of duck to become a breed. So many people have to raise them, breed them and then show them for the duck to become a breed.

Well, hows this, its the begining of a new breed.

Ok so then it's in the process of becoming a breed but it's not a breed yet...

Pekin 10 pounds
Aylesbury 10 pounds
Rouen 10 pounds
Muscovy 12 pounds
Saxony 9 pounds

Buff ducks 8 pounds

I didn't see anything in the SOP about "Jumbo Pekins"

How much do these new ducks weigh? Not a guess. Put them on the scales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom