best brand of chicken feed?

Wow, I am thankful for this thread. I have been feeding the Layena crumbles for a while. Since reading this I have decided to switch to the Armada brand, made here in MI. It is cheaper, about 8.00 for a 40 lb bag. But maybe the chickens will do better on that.

Don't know if it is a fact but I read somewhere on a post on BYC that TSC's 'Dumor' brand feed comes right out of the Purina feed mill. Anyone else heard that? Fact or fiction? I raised all my chicks on Dumor crumbles and switched over to lay pellets and my hens seem to be thriving and laying well. Dumor sells for about $1.50 less than Purina lay pellets. I guess it cost Purina to have such colorful feed bags with all the pictures on them...

Quote:
Most people myself included dislike Purina because most of there feed does not have animal protein in it and it is very high is soy.

Chris

X2

Might add overpriced for what you get too. Gotta pay for all that advertising.

Mississippi,

Purina isn't over priced
roll.png
it is way over priced
lol.png

Chris

Quote:
Dumor is made by Purina for TSC. It is a slightly different formula and at least around here has animal protein. I've used tons of it.

I never could find the animal protein in Dumor here in SE PA until I looked at the 24%. That is the only one in my TSC that has animal protein. The rest is the same as Purina.

I live in hopkins sc can't find blue seal . I have been feeding flock raiser and dumor starter /grower. Not happy with it ,Went to the new TSC in Sumter got some bad food a open 4 bags they were all powder.
sad.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom