Best Broody Chickens

I too have Buff Orpington Hens that won't sit. I have heard what great brooders they are but mine have done nothing for me and that is the main reason I got them. I have two OE game hens that my dad gave me. One has hatched a brood and the other has hatched off two already this year. I had three Cochin hens for about six weeks and were hoping they would brood but they never did so I traded them. I may look at getting some silkies or Brahmas. Monty

I also ordered brahmas in the hope that they would grow up to be broody. I hope that we both get what we want.
Good luck to you!
Kristyne
Ps. i also ordered a silkie and I hope that it is a hen.
fl.gif

Kristyne-Where did you order your Silkie from? I ordered one from Ideal and it's suppose to be here on Thursday or Friday. I'm so excited I just don't want to wait any more. I want a hen too!

I also ordered from iedal and it should be here thursday. I ordered a blue one. Hopefully they get the order right.
Kristyne
Edit: I fell in love when I saw the silkies on here so I had to order one!

Last edited:
I ordered a blue one too!! That is too funny!! Mine should be here Thursday or Friday. They said they were expected to ship out on Wednesday and I live in Tx so I'm thinking it'll be Thursday.

hey, we will probably have sibblings! That is cool! We should compare pics when they arrive and see if they look alike! LOL
I am SOOOO Excited!!!
Kristyne
What else did you order?

Last edited:
Mine were all here this morning! They weren't suppose to ship till today but oh well. Better early than wait another day. My blue silkie is so tiny! I also got 6 barred rocks(they sent 7 I guess that was my warmer chick), 3 ameraucanas, 2 golden campines--all suppose to be pullets except the silkie. It is st.run-almost sure it will be a roo--that's just my luck. Oh I bet the extra barred rock is a roo too! They are settling in just fine. It is pouring here so I have our outside kitties in and they think I brought them home a special treat. I guess the kitties are gonna have to get we! Let me know how yours do.

Last edited:
Mine are not here today but I am hoping that they come tomorrow! I notified my post office and I will go get them when he calls. I am so glad that all of yours got there ok!
I am now more excited than ever!
Kristyne

My silkie was a little more tired acting than the others but now he/she seems to be doing better. All the chickies are already eating and drinking. That makes me feel sooo much better. I'm such a nervous mommy. I keep moving the chickies from room to room with me as I do my cleaning and cooking. I have their light hooked to a TV tray so I can just move it all and plug it in. They are probably getting motion sickness! If they quiet down I get nervous and stop everything I'm doing to check on them. All they are doing is sleeping!
My son is going to show my how to post pics and then I'll get them up. I'm not computer savy!

Judymae,
I think that I will spend most of my time looking at my chickies! I cant blame youfor dragging them around the house with you. I know that I wont want to miss a minute and I will spend all my time in the laundry room with the chickies!
Kristyne
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom