Best Cheaper Small Incubator

Star2014

Songster
6 Years
Aug 15, 2014
Sorry to have another thread in this section of the forum!
I'm looking for a new incubator. The one we have is MIA and to top it off is also 30 years old. So my grandma (correctly) suggested it was time for a new incubator.
I'm looking for one with a capacity of 7 eggs max because any bigger and somehow I'll end up maxing out the space and having 30 chicks. It also needs to have an automatic turner.
I looked at some of the Brinsea ones but I was hoping that maybe there were others that I haven't considered yet. I'm looking to keep it $75 and under, with $50 being the sweet spot but I'm not sure if there are any good quality incubators for $50. That said I might splurge on a more expensive one if I really had to.
Thanks!

Edited to add: Someone I know has the Janoel 12 Egg Incubator and Turner and seems to be having good success with it. Thoughts on that one?
Or this one on Amazon: Flexzion Egg Incubator Cabinet for Chicken - Digital Mini Fully Poultry 9-12 Egg Hatcher Brooder Machine with Adjustable Automatic Egg Tuning Tray Temperature Controller for Duck Goose Bird Quail

Last edited:
Good Afternoon, If You Want A Good Reliable Incubator Your Going To Spend More Than The Cost You Mentioned .Hovabator Have Nice Reliable Incubators. I Also Purchased A Nuture Right Both Are Nice.But I Love My Hovabator It's Very Good At Keeping Temp & Humidity...

I have 2 of the Janoel 12 model, different brand names but the same unit. They can hold a lot more than the 9 that the manual says, if you turn them manually, but I do find the auto turner being a little tight for large or xl eggs if you’re trying to fit 9 in there. I’ve successfully fit 5-6 duck eggs though so it should hold the amount you’re planning for. :) they do take some getting used to and fiddling to find the sweet spot on them, and they are pretty temperamental if there’s too much fluctuation in ambient room temperature, but I’m really happy with mine and get pretty good hatch rates, even on shipped eggs. My last batch of duck eggs had all 6 reach hatch, but I lost one that didn’t zip the shell and turned, covered it’s pip hole, and suffocated. Otherwise it’s a handy incubator with a small footprint. Currently one is in my bedroom and the other on my kitchen counter. Haha. They’ve been going nonstop since March too, with no issues. Easy to clean for the most part, since it’s plastic. Humidity in them can be tricky but once you get a handle on it you’re golden. 👍

Thank you! I got a Janoel 12 under the Flexzion name. It was a decent price point and from what I've heard it works pretty reliably. I also purchased an additional thermometer/hydrometer to calibrate in order to make sure the incubator is reading properly.

Back
Top Bottom