Best Chick Lot Boot

PennysHennys

Songster
May 18, 2018
East Tennessee
Not sure where else to post this so here goes. I consider safe footwear to be important in the daily care of my flock. I am tending the chickens about 4 times a day, sometimes more. My issue recently has been that I have literally worn the tread off of my "barn shoes" and have nearly slid down a couple of times. Since I am no longer a spring chicken, I am a little more wary about a possible broken bone. Does anyone have a good sturdy treaded barn shoe that you would recommend? Sloggers brand has worked well but they do not have very good support but are very water proof. Thanks in advance!

I wear Hunter boots. They make an ankle boot that's real rubber and will last a very long time. I have a high arch and the support is decent. You can also remove the insole and put in one you like. They're a bit pricy, but I think worth the investment. Hunterboots.com

Also, they have good treads.

Good luck!

I wear Hunter boots. They make an ankle boot that's real rubber and will last a very long time. I have a high arch and the support is decent. You can also remove the insole and put in one you like. They're a bit pricy, but I think worth the investment. Hunterboots.com

Also, they have good treads.

Good luck!
Thanks deidreg! I looked on the site and they are having some great sales. I'll probably treat myself, no wait that is a farm expense!
Have a great week and stay safe.

I don't know anything about boots, but I would like to add that before reading the post, I couldn't tell for the life of me what "Best Chick Lot Boot" was supposed to mean :lol: For some reason it just seemed like random words squished together. I like my Timberland boots, but I think those are hiking boots. Do you know what brand your previous boots were? It sounds like you liked them a lot, if you wore them enough to wear down the treads.

I don't know anything about boots, but I would like to add that before reading the post, I couldn't tell for the life of me what "Best Chick Lot Boot" was supposed to mean :lol: For some reason it just seemed like random words squished together. I like my Timberland boots, but I think those are hiking boots. Do you know what brand your previous boots were? It sounds like you liked them a lot, if you wore them enough to wear down the treads.
That is so funny! I must not have edited the title very well, it was intended to say best chicken lot boots. Still confusing I know but you read it!! My current shoes are not boots at all but garden shoes that I can jump into in a second. They are Sloggers. Great shoes but I have 2 pair and am about 1/2 through the treads on the second pair. Also have the taller rain boots by that brand but thought I needed to upgrade to something better before I break something. I must say I have put a lot of mileage on the Sloggers and they have held up well, just wear and tear. Great garden shoes because you can hose them off and out! Gonna try Hunter boots for winter. Sorry for the confusing title. Have a great week!

That is so funny! I must not have edited the title very well, it was intended to say best chicken lot boots. Still confusing I know but you read it!! My current shoes are not boots at all but garden shoes that I can jump into in a second. They are Sloggers. Great shoes but I have 2 pair and am about 1/2 through the treads on the second pair. Also have the taller rain boots by that brand but thought I needed to upgrade to something better before I break something. I must say I have put a lot of mileage on the Sloggers and they have held up well, just wear and tear. Great garden shoes because you can hose them off and out! Gonna try Hunter boots for winter. Sorry for the confusing title. Have a great week!
It's not your fault on the title, it's my weird brain :lol: don't worry about it. Have a great week and happy holidays!

Thanks deidreg! I looked on the site and they are having some great sales. I'll probably treat myself, no wait that is a farm expense!
Have a great week and stay safe.
I've had the same pair of tall rain boots for a decade and they're still in great shape. I got a pair of the ankle "Play" boots for the coop/run. They slide on and off easily. Good luck!

My daughter bought these for me for my birthday. If I were going to be wearing them all day instead of on and off as I go in and out doing mucky/wet-day chores I'd get a set of gel insoles for them, but with my customary wool hiking socks (the secret to being on your feet without getting sore feet), they are perfectly comfortable.

They're solid, but not too heavy and have room to tuck my jeans in despite my thick calves.

https://www.amazon.com/Servus-Chemi...6ADW2/ref=psdc_11751044011_t4_B0042T9D2G?th=1

Not cute, but maxed on on functional. :)

Back
Top Bottom