Best Chicken "Spikes"?

nychick83

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2017
Happy new year all! What is the best way to safely prevent your birds from using certain parts of a perch that is made out of 2x4 (wide side up)? I'd like to somehow keep them off the last couple feet of the perch that spans across the coop because I dont want them pooping over the nest boxes/walk way.

Thanks!

Happy new year all! What is the best way to safely prevent your birds from using certain parts of a perch that is made out of 2x4 (wide side up)? I'd like to somehow keep them off the last couple feet of the perch that spans across the coop because I dont want them pooping over the nest boxes/walk way.

Thanks!

make a tee-pee - wedge shaped topping....maybe out of chicken wire and zip tie it to the roost?

Happy new year all! What is the best way to safely prevent your birds from using certain parts of a perch that is made out of 2x4 (wide side up)? I'd like to somehow keep them off the last couple feet of the perch that spans across the coop because I don't want them pooping over the nest boxes/walk way.

Thanks!

Hang a piece of wood on a 45° across that part of the roost. And a photo will help.

This is how I keep my chickens off of the vertical nipple water bucket.
vert-nipple05.jpg

JT

Back
Top Bottom