Best Egg Salad?!?!

raisinemright

Songster
6 Years
Nov 2, 2013
I just made my first batch of egg salad. easy recipe I found online. 6 eggs (mine has 8
hide.gif
dont judge) relish, onion powder, mayo, celery stalk, spicy mustard, and a dash of hot sauce! This sounds a little boring to me, does anyone have any unique egg salad recipes they dont mind sharing?

big_smile.png
Every thing's better when it sits on a Ritz.
I had not thought of that in years.

Egg salad really does get better depending on what it is on. I like it between two pieces of toast with crisp lettuce, and a bowl of tomato soup.

Thanks for the replies, It seems something is missing from my salad. can not pin point it but it needs something else.

Sweet pickle relish. or dill. I am a sweetie myself.
tongue.png

also cowboy candy is excellent in egg salad. (sweet pickled jalapenos )
salt?
It should have all the goodies in there. Maybe it is missing the roast beef , or the ham and cheese, and you just have too much egg salad.
BACON! It needs bacon.

Last edited:
I’m hoping a post here will revive the thread. I never thought I’d be eating egg salad but here I am. something about suddenly being presented with two dozen eggs a week has moved me to reconsider. 🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚

Does anyone have any good egg salad recipes to share? We like spicy.
Many thanks!

a pinch of white pepper. and homemade mayo, since we have all those fresh eggs anyways.

Honestly, I'm not a fan, particularly of the mustard-heavy varieties. Mustard is normally added as an emulsifier. If there's enough to serve that purpose, there's enough in the recipe. My view anyways.

More likely to add chopped boiled eggs to other things, like ham salad or tuna salad. I don't much care for tuna salad either, but the addition of chopped boiled egg makes it better (again, my view) than either egg salad or tuna salad alone. White potato salad, also - though that gets a bit more mustard. and eggs help control the saltiness of ham salad, assuming you don't also brine and smoke your own hams.

Now I'm hungry.

Now I'm hungry.

Me too!
You’re right about getting into the mindset of simply adding eggs to other things. I do put them raw into smoothies. I hadn’t considered making mayonnaise- that’s a really good idea, to spread on the egg sammie I make just about everyday!

curious to see what effect all these eggs will have on next labwork 🙄

Thanks for your thoughts- and for giving me ideas I hadn’t considered.

I've seen a lot of mayo recipes call for Olive Oil, or whatever oil is all the "healthy" food craze rage at that moment. Personally, I recommend the most neutral flavored oil you would otherwise use in cooking. Mayo is a supporting player, I don't want mine so strongly flavored that it doesn't pair well with whatever recipe I'm using it in. Light/Extra Light Olive oil is fine, or those new Olive and (cheaper) oil blends that are starting to crop up, or even Canola oil if you still use that stuff.

Unless you REALLY like avocado, or sesame, I don't recommend those oils for making mayo. The result is distinct.

Personally, I like Alton Brown's method, but whatever works for you. Skip to just past 4:00 if you don't like the science.

Back
Top Bottom