Best feeder style for meaties?

I like everything about DogFish's design except the fact that it takes two hands to move it. Maybe I could bolt the bucket to the pan under the cone.

I use 4' PVC cut in half. Some waste falls off the ends. Not much though.

I like the tall PVC feeder with a bend in it. The pail idea seems great as well. I'm going to keep my birds in smaller pens so that I can avoid illness past over or other issues... and hope to keep the pens lite so they can be moved without a HHUU----- sound
smile.png

Quote:
Piece of sheet aluminum. I traced the bucket lid on top of the sheet. Then I cut a piece of pie out of it, about 1/6. Then I bent it into a cone and pop rivet them. Screws will also work. Tape covers the seam.

Last edited:
I found this the other day and thought it might work. I would change the base and put holes around the base instead of the big slit but I could find a can that could hole 50# and that would really help.

91499_0202001958b.jpg

It depends on how many birds you have. I had 20 meat kings a couple of summers ago. They are ravenous frankenstein monsters but that in the genetics. I used two open topped galvanized turkey feeders but still had to fill them twice daily.

Back
Top Bottom