Best Feeder

Rae in MT

Chirping
8 Years
May 11, 2015
When we were in Montana I had 2 feeders that worked great. Now we're in Texas and I can't remember what brand they were. They were very good and didn't let the chickens waste food..
Can someone tell me what you are using and which ones are rated highly? Also I would like one that holds 50# of food.
Thank you, Rae

Do you have any pictures of your old feeders and do you remember where you had gotten them? If it was awhile ago, either the model could have changed or they may have been discontinued. I don't use #50 pound feeders, but I always get my feeders at TSC as they have the best prices.

I've been using 2 of these lately since I found them at TSC for $5. I haven't tried to fill them yet so I'm not sure how much they really hold, but they're supposed to hold 50 lbs.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/moultrie-feed-station-ii-mfg-15009

They aren't usually that cheap obviously but they don't seem terribly expensive anyway.
20231220_170549.jpg

Do you have any pictures of your old feeders and do you remember where you had gotten them? If it was awhile ago, either the model could have changed or they may have been discontinued. I don't use #50 pound feeders, but I always get my feeders at TSC as they have the best prices.
I just went back and looked. I could not find ant pictures of the feeders..😒

I've tried a whole lot of feeders over the years and with all but one the chickens have raked the food out onto the ground and wasted a whole lot. The only feeder I've found so far that they truly cannot rake food out of is the DIY funnel feeder that BYC user aart wrote about here. It won't hold 50lbs of feed, but if you are crafty enough I'm sure you can modify other containers to achieve the same goal. Something with a very very tall lip that they can't fling food over when raking.

Back
Top Bottom