Best Goose to start out with?

LillyAcresFarm

Chirping
Aug 13, 2020
Pipestem, Wv
I plan to get some geese this spring or even some hatching eggs but I don’t know which type to start out with. I’d rather them be on the friendly side as I have small children running about and all our other animals are very good with them and aren’t overly aggressive. Suggestions?

They tend to be loud, and aggressive, with more emphasis on the Ganders.
Yeah that's true. Lol I have two White Chinese geese. I'm also very beginner, they're my first two geese ever. I've had them for a few months though so I'm getting the hang of it. I definitely agree that they are loud, mostly my gander. He also can be a bit aggressive, but I put him in his place.

First of all, yay to you for getting geese. They are beautiful and endlessly amusing creatures. I love my American Buffs -- although sometimes a bit naughty -- they are pretty docile. They often herd my runner ducks (I think they like the parade) and hiss at the other birds. But when a chicken turns to challenge them, the geese flee in fear.

They are easily guided back to their shelter at night with the promise of feed, and make delightful noises.

Back
Top Bottom