best guard animal for lynx?

They work best as pest control, with ridding mice, & rats.

I haven't yet had a hawk attack on my flock, so the screaming must have to be some sort of deterrent.
yeah, i dont have any problem with mice and rats because we have a resident great grey owl (who leaves my birds alone) that takes care of those. the farm has ALOT of ravens constantly overhead so i would wonder if they would either scream all day or become complacent and let a hawk go by. also as stated before, penning just lets the predators corner them better. when penned the ermine move in and eliminate ALL of them :/

yeah, i dont have any problem with mice and rats because we have a resident great grey owl (who leaves my birds alone) that takes care of those. the farm has ALOT of ravens constantly overhead so i would wonder if they would either scream all day or become complacent and let a hawk go by. also as stated before, penning just lets the predators corner them better. when penned the ermine move in and eliminate ALL of them :/
Hardware cloth will prevent small animals such as weasels from getting in. If the run has a heavy duty roof, the predators can't get through.

Personally, I think you are out of luck as far as an animal guarding them, especially since you have land and ariel predators. A donkey won't care about flying predators. Ducks are pretty much just "sitting ducks", not being able to fly, and not being fast runners they really have NO chance.

Back
Top Bottom