Best hatcheries

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Camilla Chicken, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Camilla Chicken

Camilla Chicken Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2013
    I was wondering what are the best duck hatcheries that ship to PA or that are in PA and you can visit.

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    you might try these folks http://www.hoffmanhatchery.com/ and then theres Metzers they are in Ca. but from all I have read are excellent in shuipping waterfowl.

3. Camilla Chicken

Camilla Chicken Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2013
    prices a little much we might get 2-4 1 drake any one else?

4. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    The best hatcheries are going to cost a little. Shipping is going to be a lot for 2-4 ducklings as every hatchery will charge a small order shipment. Most of them require 10-15 to avoid the "small order charge". It is safer to ship more ducklings at a time.

5. cosbackyard

cosbackyard Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I've ordered three ducks at a time twice now. Everything worked out well both times. But as mentioned - it is pricey. About sixty bucks for three ducks shipped.

6. ducksinarow

ducksinarow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    For only a few ducklings try Rural King or Tractor Supply or an other feed store you have locally. Also craigslist should have ducklings listed in a month or two.

7. nickie

nickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    north central KY
    Meyer Hatchery will ship a small order with relatively fair shipping. I have used them for chickens and turkeys, but not ducks. I have been pleased with their service. If you don't care about sexing and breed go for the feed stores selling chicks right now. If you want to wait a while you can almost always pick up the buyers remorse Easter freebies in about a month or two.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by