Best incubator for beginner - all in 1 type - 150 or less?

Pics
Extreme heat and cold effects all incubators. Mine is pretty much fully automatic. I still monitor mine. Sometimes I have power outages. I've had them right in the middle of a hatch.

At $150 your either buying a second hand,your going to have to hand turn or get a bad one that you will have just wasted money on. if your willing to hand turn try a brinsea ovation (it's a large round one) can hold up to 30 eggs depending on size not 100% sure on the price in the USA but if your willing to invest money brinsea is a good choice. I have the eco 30 egg incubator from them and it's not hard just turn the eggs 3 times a day and check the temp on the thermometer inside of the unit and top up water. its really not all that much work.
I have to Agree and Disagree with you . i won one of these and Loved it so much i bought a second one . Nothing but issues . The company is good the machine is not. they even sent me a broken replacement fan didnt work was dirty paperwork crumpled up with a hole . seriously go to Brinsea . i also have a 100 yr old leahy only reason i went for a small machine was because i dont have that many eggs and like to be able to hatch both my cornish and my turkeys i thought id be smart ................. Head aches from second machine replacement . but first is Awesome just crashed once

I ended up buying one of the "scratch and dent" discounted Incuviews from the Incubator Warehouse eBay store for $130. I haven't hatched in it yet, but I've put in a couple of water bottles and have had it running for three days now while I figure out how to control the humidity. It seems like a really nice incubator for the price.

I have to Agree and Disagree with you . i won one of these and Loved it so much i bought a second one . Nothing but issues . The company is good the machine is not. they even sent me a broken replacement fan didnt work was dirty paperwork crumpled up with a hole . seriously go to Brinsea . i also have a 100 yr old leahy only reason i went for a small machine was because i dont have that many eggs and like to be able to hatch both my cornish and my turkeys i thought id be smart ................. Head aches from second machine replacement . but first is Awesome just crashed once
We'll my brinsea eco 30 decided to stop working mid way through a hatch and ended up buying the same incubator that one user posted about in the frost page of the thread.

It's half decent and only paid maybe £40-50 for it I have had about the same hatch success as the brinsea to. I must admit it is really finicky u need to have it in a room that does not get to cold other wise the temp with get low and stay that way also suggest getting a thermometer and hydrometer just in case, my incubator like this was good and stayed about the same temp as thermometer.

But I did bite the bullet and asked my hubby to get me a heka incubator (£473 on eBay).
Since having this incubator I have had 90-100% hatch rate on every egg put in that was fertile. The lowest hatch rate was 88% and that was with dirty shipped eggs. Hope ur incubating is going well.

Back
Top Bottom