Best incubator for beginner

Quote:
We'll have to get you some EGGS!
jumpy.gif

I am sooooo patiently waiting.
pop.gif

If you don't want to hatch that many then don't set that many. I just did 5 button quail out of a bator that would hold over 100 quail eggs and more than that in button eggs. I've yet to fill my hova bator completely. If I had money to spend on an rcom I'd probably just get a cabinet bator that can hatch 100s. Not that the rcoms are bad at all (some of the fanciest small bators out there) but they hatch so few and generally the larger the bator the better it will be able to hold temp and humidity. There's more air, larger heating elements, usually thicker sides and insulation, etc... so it is less affected by changes in external conditions.

The LG and the Hovabator 1602 both have a wafer thermostat. The Hovabator 1588 has and electronic thermostat.

Quote:
Do you have a cabinet incubator? I thought the 1500 is a cabinet incubator??? I have an older 1502 sportsman. Works great. I also have an LG, but the Hovabator 1588 is a really nice unit.

What about the brinsea octagon? I don't hear much about them (only the one post) so I looked it up... very pricey, but there are smaller versions...
I am still trying to decide as I will be using my own money to purchase one to use in the classroom (school won't buy me one)... but all the chicks go home with me anyway, so I can't complain
smile.png
Possibly hatch some out for the local 4H based upon what they kids will be needing/wanting... heard some negative things lately on here.... so I'm not sure I will do this...

Quote:
Depends on what you are incubating. I think they will both work ok except you can use the quail racks with the 1610.

Thanks for all of the info, folks! I was about to place an order, but decided to check BYC first. Glad that I did; I was about to order the Little Giant. My Genesis 1588 order is being processed right now. I can hardly wait the 3-8 days for delivery
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom