Best incubator for beginner

I just hatched out my first eggs with a BRINSEA eco20 and couldn't be happier. Out of ten eggs 8 hatched and the two that didn't the air sac was on the side of the egg when I candled so I really didn't think they would. All I did was basically add water turn the incubator a few times a day and that was it. A very nice incubator for a beginner like me that never owned chickens much less tryed to hatch them.

I have also had very good success with the Brinsea Eco 20 and the auto turn cradle. Have had a one 100% with it and I am only on my second batch. I really like it. It is basically a set the eggs and wait for them to hatch kind of incubator with the occasional need to add water. Keeps a constant temperature also.

The genesis (Hovabator 1588) is a very good incubator. I have one and have hatched over 100 eggs in it this year.That said it costs 180 for one with turner. It's electronic preset thermostat that makes life easy. That said if one is only going to hatch a few birds perhaps a cheaper one might work. I also have 2 Little giants that have worked well over the years. They require a room with stable temps like a basement. And moderate monitoring as well as hand turning for $50-60. The Genesis does it all and all you have to do is shut off the egg turner at 18 days and hatch at about 21 days. The LG requires that you stay actively involved in the entire incubation process.price There is an egg turner option for the LG but the price goes up another $45-50. Your choice. There are many other incubators and options out there that work.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom