Best Mealworm deals

Compostflower

Songster
May 11, 2021
Hi friends my picky ducks have finally taken to mealworms what are the best deals you’ve found pound to price ratio? Also what is the best place to purchase them? I am going to do the research but I figured I’d ask the expert because I imagine if your bird baby has loved them for a while you have found the best stores and deals where you buy. Thanks!

NOPE! That's the best part! I used to breed them for my lizards, and have been planning on starting again for the ducks and choocks. It can be just a few small containers, or one of those stackable bin thingies that can sit in the corner.

Hi friends my picky ducks have finally taken to mealworms what are the best deals you’ve found pound to price ratio?
My birds turned their noses up at dried mealworms.. eventually settling for them but not enthusiastically.

The birds (and I) prefer live and have had excellent result using California/US based company, link follows..

https://www.rainbowmealworms.net/

I buy off eBay there are quite a few vendors that sell them. I buy dried. Also you might want to check out Soldier fly larva it has good amount of calcium.
My Runners and Buffs and chooks love dried worms my Muscovy prefers dry dog food and a treat. :idunno

I’m going to check eBay for sure! That’s an excellent idea. I got a small bag of the black soldier fly for them to try so fingers crossed they like it !

And they are cheaper
I buy large bags dried mealworms at Tractor Supply. My ducks love them. When I have had to buy the fly fiesta with 3 sorts of dried worms, they were not keen on the dried soldier fly larvae which was curious as they liked live soldier fly larvae when I had them growing in my compost

Soldier fly larvae are not cheaper than meal worms from TSC

Back
Top Bottom