Best Meat Breeds

This is about the most basic and simplistic buildout of a"rocket stove" I have seen I didn't watch past the 2:35 mark to see if they covered the front blocks for air regulation or adding in a 1 inch air space using something like hardware cloth as needed to supply your fuel with oxygen. I also would go one block higher than these folks did.

But I like free and have plenty of free cured sticks to use for fuel on the property. I certainly wouldn't waste money on a turkey fryer or gas tank refills when I can spend 15-20 bucks one time and then have the rest for free to scald birds.

Edit-Opps forgot the link:

Last edited:
I had a question regarding scalding if I may. Can't you just steam scald them? I'm lazy and were I ever to process want a lazy way out vs boiling a big pot of water.
I processed 10 at a time - and find scalding to be efficient- overall it takes me about 15 minutes per bird. But I'm scaling up significantly next spring and I'm debating whether to process a few at a time, or bite the bullet and process 20+ every 4 weeks. That's why I'm wondering about scalding.

Back
Top Bottom