BEST OF THE BEST special 9+ ***NPIP*** pic heavy

Quote:
are you tring to start an auction fight? bring it on BUDDY

Ok, Pal!
tongue2.gif

Quote:
the hens are hatch mates of the NACKED chicken they look like regular NN but with black skin " the black skin was breed in so the naked chickens don't sunburn " they carry the scaless geen but the scaless geen is not like the NN geen the NN geen is a domanet geen thats way if they carry the geen they are NN wille the scaless geen is a complex resesive geen witch means that they can carry the geen but not be scaless them self and just because booth parents carry the geen dos not mean that the chicks will be scaless the only way to hatch a high % of scaless you need to breed a scaless to a carryer but because i lost my scaless i have to start all over by breeeding the carryers i have been hatching chicks from them all fall and would still be but my bators are full and im quikly running out of brooder room so if you would like to try and beed some of this SUPPER RARE AND ONCE IN A LIFTIME chicken here is your chance i hope this amswers your Q thanks for looking BANJO

So Banjo, Just trying to get my head around this......

1. If the hens are hatchmates of your (ex) scaless boy do they ALL carry one copy of the scaless gene or don't you know? I imagine the answer is yes if you can ID them by their black skin. Do some of hens you are using NOT carry the gene?

2. And maybe I missed it, but does the rooster you are using to fertilize the hens/eggs also carry the scaless gene? Maybe also a hatchmate?

If both for sure carry the gene, there is a 1:4 chance of getting a totally scaleless chick from these eggs.

If either the hen or the rooster does not carry the gene, no chicks will (in this generation) and 1:2 chicks will have one copy of the gene. Is that summary of potential outcomes correct, and can you tell which is the actual situation?

Sorry about all the questions and rambling, what I am really asking is:

Do both the NN parents of the eggs carry one copy of the scaleless gene?

Last edited:
Quote:
Ahhh that is a very good point......

so unless the father (or mother) of all the hens and the rooster was scaleless it is possible that some of the hens or the rooster, even if they have black skin, may not carry the gene at all?

Hopefully Banjo will be able to clarify this a bit more

Quote:
Ahhh that is a very good point......

so unless the father (or mother) of all the hens and the rooster was scaleless it is possible that some of the hens or the rooster, even if they have black skin, may not carry the gene at all?

Hopefully Banjo will be able to clarify this a bit more

First, he will have to clairfy if all the hens he is using have the scaless gene for sure. Are they what you would call "split" for the scaless gene?

Second, if the Roo isn't split, then few offspring would have the gene, correct? 1/4 maybe? We might need to mosey down to the breeders/genetics board. Thats why I am reluctant to bid on so few eggs, it seems like I am unlikely to get any scaless gene chicks, and I would want 2 or more, ideally. Hummmm.... Banjojoe? Help! LOL

Quote:
The black skin was breed in to give protection from the sun and is not a way to tell if parents carry a coppy all the hens carry one coppy of the geen and you can telll because the are missing at least 1 row of scals on there legs I am not shure if the roo is a carryer or not I have been hatching eggs all fall with about 30% of chicks carrying 1 coppy I will be breeding the carryers back togather and should hatch 2% of ther chicks will be scaless

So none of these eggs will hatch scaless but they MAY carry the geen and by breeding carryers back togather you will hatch some scaless

I know it sounds like a lot of work but nothing this rare is easy to breed

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom