BEST OF THE BEST special 9+ ***NPIP*** pic heavy

I totally understand that this takes a mountain of work Banjo.

But do you mean 3% or 30% of your chicks carry the Gene?

I don't get the only 2% of chicks from carrier x carrier will be scaleless. Surely if it is a straightforward recessive it will be 1 in 4 ie 25% ? Why do you say only 2%

Because it is a complex resesive carryer to carryer will give you between 2 and 10% scaless I had pland on breeding scaless to carryer witch I thought would give me 40\\50%. But not shure the exact %

And yes I mean 30% carryera

Quote:
How many scaleless chicks did you hatch?

form this breeding group i have hatch 30% that carry one coppy of the scaless geen when i breed the carryers together i will get 2% scaless chicks

Quote:

form this breeding group i have hatch 30% that carry one coppy of the scaless geen when i breed the carryers together i will get 2% scaless chicks

How can you tell if they carry the gene?

Quote:

ok, so you have not yet got a chance to breed the splits together. That is fair enough but still confused about the recessive gene and Only 2% chance of resulting chick being scaleless.

You say that when you breed a pair of splits together one in 50 chicks should be scaleless??

What would happen if you bred scaleless to split, or 2 scaleless together? Would you get 50% and 100% scaleless chicks resectivley, or would the recessive gene not work as expected there either?

Sorry about all these questions......
Just trying to determine if it is reasonably possible to actually get a scaleless chick down the line from these (assuming of course that some of the chicks that hatch are in fact carriers).

Quote:

Until this is tested, I am also a skeptic. From what I have been told in the past this gene is inherited like the NN gene.

Last edited:
Quote:

carryers of the geen will be missing 1 or more rows of scaless on there legs

Quote:

ok, so you have not yet got a chance to breed the splits together. That is fair enough but still confused about the recessive gene and Only 2% chance of resulting chick being scaleless.

You say that when you breed a pair of splits together one in 50 chicks should be scaleless??

What would happen if you bred scaleless to split, or 2 scaleless together? Would you get 50% and 100% scaleless chicks resectivley, or would the recessive gene not work as expected there either?

Sorry about all these questions......
Just trying to determine if it is reasonably possible to actually get a scaleless chick down the line from these (assuming of course that some of the chicks that hatch are in fact carriers).

yes we know that from carryer to carryer will hatch 2% scaless we where going to breed scaless to carryer and see what the % was but i have not done this yet i have a friend that is a profesor of poultry siecence and has breed scaless to carryer and i beleve he hatched 40/50% scaless but you do not whant to breed scaless to scaless because to is a failtal geen like with tuffed auacanas and chicks will die in the egg

Back
Top Bottom