Best Pickled Pepper Recipe

I like Texas Pete's Pepper sauce so I make mine with that in mind. I like to use the brine on my collard greens, Asian soups or a plate full of beans and rice. The bonus is you can eat the peppers too.

I use 1 cup white vinegar to 3/4 cup water. 1 tablespoon white sugar,1 tablespoons honey, 1/2 tsp Kosher salt, 5-6 Fresh Garlic cloves cut in half lengthwise. (make as much, using this equation to fill up what ever jars your using.
Put in a pot what ever size you need and slowly bring to a boil then remove from heat and let cool. Pack your clean washed peppers( if not using whole small peppers then you can cut the peppers up how ever you want) in your jars or bottles and poor the pickling juice ( sauce/brine , what ever you want to call it) over the top of the peppers. You can seal it in a deep water bath for the shelf or I just put in your fridge and let sit at least a few weeks before using so all the flavors mesh with the peppers good. They last about forever but I use it up before forever. ;)
Since I use more of the juice than peppers I can leave the peppers in the jar and make another batch of brine and reuse the peppers doing the process over again. You can do that about 3 times before you have to start with fresh peppers again.

Back
Top Bottom