Best place to buy call ducks?

Are you looking for pet quality or show quality?
Show quality are best bought from breeders.

Quote:
I want grey calls but I would like them to be the same quality as these
67676_dsc_4011.jpg
are these show quality or pet quality?
hu.gif

there are tons of call ducks for sale at the big poultry shows..... lots to choose from..... pet, breeders, and Show birds
you can go to www.callducks.org and check out the list of shows and see if any are near you.

They look pet quality and here's why-their beaks are longer and more slender than SQ. Also, the bodies are racier(longer and thinner) than a SQ bird.
All Calls are beautiful with wonderful personalities-you'll adore them no matter what.
Just if you want them to show-the price difference is pretty large.
You can get pet quality Calls for $10-$15 a bird. SQs...well it just depends-pretty pricey!
Bear with me one sec and I'll post a pic of my gray call Drake-he's a pet quality.

38335_042.jpg

These are all pet quality. The gray drake is the one in the back. He wasn't in his full glorious mallard colors at this time-he was pretty young.

Last edited:
Oh ok then I want pet quality
smile.png
all the calls in the pics so far look fine to me, and very cute, the resone I really want calls is for their lil sizes
thumbsup.gif
but what do breeder calls look like?

Last edited:
I really only have what I consider PQs and SQs, but here is a picture of one of my SQ White hens. Isn't she cute? Her name is Damsel.
Call ducks are fantastic pets-really. I guarantee you, they'll be the first to welcome you any time you go outside. Very chatty little things. Mine are like little old gossipy men and women-they always want to be the first to come tell you what's going on.
love.gif

38335_103.jpg

A private breeder, absolutely. You'll want to see them in person or at least pictures of the actual ducks you're buying before you buy. If you buy from a private breeder, they are much more likely to have been handled...at least that's how it works around here! You might also have the option of having several to choose from in a group.

Wish I had some grays for you, but I just recently sold the last of what I had in grays from this year.

Back
Top Bottom