Best place to buy eggs online?

Your best best if you want quality, but may pay slightly more is to find a breeder that is NPIP certified and can ship coast to coast. Hatcheries have tons of eggs for sale and are reasonable, though the genetics are just that..very common. If you are a first time hatcher you may want to go this route as its not as easy as it may seem. Tons of variables and you won't be out $50. BYC I believe has a breeder directory as well as members here and some off site breed specific groups.

If you are interested in hatching Icelandic landrace chickens, I can point you to several outstanding breeders I highly recommend. Rooster pictured is an Icelandic rooster.

Your best best if you want quality, but may pay slightly more is to find a breeder that is NPIP certified and can ship coast to coast. Hatcheries have tons of eggs for sale and are reasonable, though the genetics are just that..very common. If you are a first time hatcher you may want to go this route as its not as easy as it may seem. Tons of variables and you won't be out $50. BYC I believe has a breeder directory as well as members here and some off site breed specific groups.

If you are interested in hatching Icelandic landrace chickens, I can point you to several outstanding breeders I highly recommend. Rooster pictured is an Icelandic rooster.
I can buy the eggs or buy the chickens. I just want to breed some rare chickens to throw into my chicken crew. I'm trying to start up a chicken farm on my acre of land already have a lot of the common breeds. Just want some rare breeds everyone is looking for.

I can buy the eggs or buy the chickens. I just want to breed some rare chickens to throw into my chicken crew. I'm trying to start up a chicken farm on my acre of land already have a lot of the common breeds. Just want some rare breeds everyone is looking for.
Nice, so your doing a breed specific pen set up for future egg/chick sales? Kind of an interest of mine in the near future as I'm a agriculture guy. Swedish Black Chickens and their cousins from India seem to be the rage lately.

If you like Polish, Andalusians, Red Dorkings, or Bantam Aracaunas (true American type) check out Dick Horstman's site. He's got show-quality birds and eggs of many types at a very reasonable price.

And the buy~sell~trade forum often has specialty breeders. It might help if you decide what you want and then look for a specific breeder.

Yes, definitely need a long term plan for what and how you want to go about things. Makes the decisions a lot easier when you know what the end result will be. A lot of people just buy 'rare' breeds, but as time goes on the crowd really starts to shift to solid breeding programs which start with solid decision making and stock. Good luck with everything!

Yes, definitely need a long term plan for what and how you want to go about things. Makes the decisions a lot easier when you know what the end result will be. A lot of people just buy 'rare' breeds, but as time goes on the crowd really starts to shift to solid breeding programs which start with solid decision making and stock. Good luck with everything!
I've got my game plan, I might need to wait to get my pure breeds until I figure out what true breeds I would want. There's so many options for pure breeds its crazy. Around my area there's a lot of showing going on so I would go for show breeds. When I pick my pure breeds.

Nice, so your doing a breed specific pen set up for future egg/chick sales? Kind of an interest of mine in the near future as I'm a agriculture guy. Swedish Black Chickens and their cousins from India seem to be the rage lately.
Planning on doing muptiliple breeds. Our area is big on showings, so having it around my area would be a good investment. Plus I can help out our local schools with there FFA programs. Since chickens are a lot easier for children to raise than pigs and cows.

I've got my game plan, I might need to wait to get my pure breeds until I figure out what true breeds I would want. There's so many options for pure breeds its crazy. Around my area there's a lot of showing going on so I would go for show breeds. When I pick my pure breeds.

Well, the problem is that places who raise a lot of variety usually don't do it well (cough, *Ideal* cough), and the people who raise a really good SOP line only raise a few breeds. Because of that, it's hard to recommend a breeder or site when there's no preferences specified.

Back
Top Bottom