Best place to buy hatching eggs from

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't care about what breed, just buy a couple dozen eggs from someone with an "eggs for sale" sign at the end of their driveway.

I haven't looked at all the hatcheries for hatching eggs, but their prices make me suspect that they don't really want to be bothered with selling eggs.

I'd shop here on Backyard Chickens, and I'd shop very very carefully on eBay, if I wanted specific breeds.

If you've got purebred chickens that are laying eggs you can participate in the egg chains on Backyard Chickens as a way to get new breeds.

Last edited:
If you want some nice-lookin', purebred chickens, try Mr. Erhard Weihs. He sells hatching eggs for pure Russian Orloffs, Barnevelders, Welsummers, and I think Wyandottes (I believe his Welsummers and Wyandottes are Bantams). His Russian Orloffs come in two colors, Spangled and Mahogany. The Spangled look very good with the right feathering, color, build, etc., but the Mahoganies look a bit like a Buckeye X Orloff. However, Mr. Weihs's stock comes directly from Germany--one of the chicken capitals of the world--and over there their Mahoganies might be a bit more on the stocky side.
It all depends on what chickens you want. If you want good SQ or SQ-descended chickens, Mr. Weihs is one of many breeders who will provide you with that. If you're just looking for a pretty Easter Egger or barnyard mutt, try a big-name hatchery. Smaller hatcheries are probably not as reliable, though Meyer Hatchery in Ohio and My Pet Chicken in New England are actually pretty good establishments and provide you with healthy pet-quality birds for cheap prices.
Best of blessings!

In season we have hatching eggs from Buff Orpington, Rhode Island Red, White Ameraucana, Dark Cornish, Blue Cochin, Light Sussex, Black Copper and Cuckoo Marans chickens, Midget White, Royal Palm, White Holland, Standard bronze, Beltsville White and Bourbon Red turkeys, Muscovy and Gray Runner ducks, India Blue, White and Spaulding peafowl. We can ship any number of eggs that people want, we also sell on Ebay under sandspoultry.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=sandspoultry&ftab=AllFeedback

Sharon

Yep, a lot of us here on BYC sell hatching eggs of a pretty good variety. Some of us occasionally even do assorted mixes, especially of different colored layers.
smile.png

I would like to buy about 4 dozen really good fertile hatching eggs. I incubate eggs in several kindergarten classes this time each year and we have been terribly disappointed in the results from ordering from regular hatcheries. I especially would like to see some varity in my flock - some Orpingtons, Wyandottes, Aracaunas and Silkies. I have a dozen bantams right now, so don't need any more small tykes. Do you sell your eggs or only do the bidding thing? I am in Charleston, SC, and would like to set the first incubator on March 7th.

I would like to buy about 4 dozen really good fertile hatching eggs. I incubate eggs in several kindergarten classes this time each year and we have been terribly disappointed in the results from ordering from regular hatcheries. I especially would like to see some varity in my flock - some Orpingtons, Wyandottes, Aracaunas and Silkies. I have a dozen bantams right now, so don't need any more small tykes. Do you sell your eggs or only do the bidding thing? I am in Charleston, SC, and would like to set the first incubator on March 7th.

I have silkie hatching eggs

Would you be interested in a barnyard mix? We have a large variety of breeds running together and we could ship you 4 dozen eggs for $75.00 (shipping included.)
Here is a list of the breeds we have:

1 Buff Orpington rooster
2 Easter Egger Roosters
1 Turken Rooster
9 Easter Egger hens
1 Blue Ameracana hen
1 Rhode Island Red hen
3 White Leghorn hens
2 Brown leghorn hens
1 Salmon Faverolle hen
3 Cuckoo Maran hens
1 Pheonix hen
2 Buff laced polish hens
3 Red Star hens
4 Black star hens
1 Speckled Sussex hen
1 Silver Laced Wyandotte hen
1 Turken hen
1 Olive Egger hen
1 Minorca hen

We have hatched eggs from these in the past and they have had 100% fertility

To see some pictures you can go to my page: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/the-egg-box-farm

welcome-byc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom