Best polish chicken contest * no prize* Ends 10-20-20

Here is my 22 week old.
Black White Crested Polish.
The Iron Maiden.
She survived 8 weeks of her life in my Infirmary.
Two RIR Scalped her cotton top into a flap to show her skull, tore her feathers and skin off to expose her neck muscles & tendons. Stripped her feathers and skin off her wing bone and back & no longer has two ears.
I gave her CPR and chest compressions and put her head under cold water to snap her out of shock. Then I began to care for her.
Her name was Punkie but, since her relentless recovery, she is now called
The Iron Maiden. Yay!!!!
Wow, she’s amazing! Poor thing had to go through all of that. She’s a survivor for sure.❤️

Wow, she’s amazing! Poor thing had to go through all of that. She’s a survivor for sure.❤️
Yes, she is.
Now my Silver Lace; Becky and the Iron Maiden live in their own coop and secure run named
"Polish Girls Only"!!! Lol
She was/is a trooper.
I think I found her 2 seconds from dead.
It was rough. I give infants CPR/NRP as a nurse at my job but, a Chicken!, never until her. Thank God it worked. Thats all I know.

My polish always comes running to me, this is her at bed time, if it were her choice I would hold her all night long standing up in the coop.
calc.PNG

I tried to trim her head feathers, but she moved too much.

Here’s my little golden laced polish girl, Poppy. I got her this spring and she hasn’t started laying yet, but two of her siblings have.

Baby Poppy
1246C4CC-5ABA-425A-858D-1265FD76B627.jpeg

We set a bear trap but the only thing we caught was Poppy :) She had a haircut in this picture.
8DFCDC3C-F937-4353-A904-15CF63D9171E.jpeg

Instead of a haircut I tried a headband. Poppy: “Thanks, I hate it.”
4E7DEE6B-DBAE-4C34-92CD-4A5B936D576A.jpeg

I REALLY enjoy having Polish Bantams - have had them for years.

The hen looks at home with the Viburnum (Snowball) blooms in the photo. Her coiffure mimics the roundness of the bloom clusters.

The Blue Polish chick rivals the beauty of the summer blooms which share that photo with him.

Polish Hen 007 (2).JPG

Blue Polish Chick - June Flwrs 001 (2).JPG

I REALLY enjoy having Polish Bantams - have had them for years.

The hen looks at home with the Viburnum (Snowball) blooms in the photo. Her coiffure mimics the roundness of the bloom clusters.

The Blue Polish chick rivals the beauty of the summer blooms which share that photo with him.

View attachment 2359008

View attachment 2359012
Stunning photos!🥰

Back
Top Bottom