Best premade coops

Eh...not too bad, I'd put the rafters 90° from what's shown for open soffit ventilation.
Not so easy for cleaning and/or grabbing birds for exams off the roosts at night, unless you are far more nimble than I.
I'd not put more than 6 birds in there.
Thank you, this is most helpful

Another potential option is to look locally.
Near me there is a feed store that is carrying a gentlemans locally built coops for example.
I had seen them on craigslist for a few years. Seeing them in person gave a good look at the construction. His are well made.
I think you may find something local as well.

Do be careful keeping them in the greenhouse. Temps can soar rapidly. I know you said it's airy but without knowing just how airy I feel compelled to urge caution.

Hey Jessie! We have the rugged ranch Pueblo grande pre-made coop. There is some assembly required, but it is easy, comes with nails, and the coop is realy great cause it comes with a run, fits 4 chickens, and even had a clean out tray and asphalt roof. Even wire mesh! I cannot recommend this enough!

20230709_124046.jpg

The box is a cover for the dust bath. No chickens in it yet. Next sunday....

Hey Jessie! We have the rugged ranch Pueblo grande pre-made coop. There is some assembly required, but it is easy, comes with nails, and the coop is realy great cause it comes with a run, fits 4 chickens, and even had a clean out tray and asphalt roof. Even wire mesh! I cannot recommend this enough!
Thank you, looks very nice. I’ll definitely consider this one if we can’t get something built in time.

Another potential option is to look locally.
Near me there is a feed store that is carrying a gentlemans locally built coops for example.
I had seen them on craigslist for a few years. Seeing them in person gave a good look at the construction. His are well made.
I think you may find something local as well.

Do be careful keeping them in the greenhouse. Temps can soar rapidly. I know you said it's airy but without knowing just how airy I feel compelled to urge caution.
Hi, thanks for the concern. There are screened windows and fans, so it’s very pleasant in there. We live in a cool climate.

This is exactly what I meant in my first post.
X2. I definitely wouldn't keep 4 full sized birds in there full time without adjusting a couple things, and even then I would have to be sure that my birds would not have any issues with each other. If one becomes a pariah, there's no where to hide from the other 3

Hi, thanks for the concern. There are screened windows and fans, so it’s very pleasant in there. We live in a cool climate.

That's good! I know my own greenhouse gets over 100° inside even with the vents and door open when it's just 70° out so was worried yours may as well.

Having kept chickens for a few decades myself I will offer my advice on the premade coops as well. I have seen them in person at feed stores and places like Costco. They are extremely small and the wood is very thin and weak. They are not designed with adequate ventilation or ease of cleaning in mind.
I suppose they have uses like a grow out coop for a few birds at a time, a broody hut, or isolation/hospital ward.
They are not worth a he $$ they want for them.

If time is a concern there are far better options that offer low cost and rapid results.

Have you looked at hoop coops? They are very fast to build with the biggest bang for the buck. The hardest part is getting the cattle panels home.

Back
Top Bottom