Best price on a hovabator? Which model to get?

Genesis hova bator 1588. I've got 2 of them plus the older model of them a 1590. They've got an electronic thermostat and fan. Cutler Supply has about the best deal on them if you want to get a turner too. I've had good luck with them. They've all got eggs in them right now.

I cannot stress enough how great the genesis 1588 really is. I can assure you, you will not be posting on here asking how to stabilize your temps or if your eggs are still okay after the latest temp spike/drop if you get one. I have not had to make a single adjustment on my incubator in a year (when I first got the unit) and it varies less than one degree. The room it is in can vary by 15 degrees over the course of the day. I'm sure I probably sound like a broken record on this but it really does make that much of a difference. I could not imagine setting eggs if I had to constantly adjust the thing up or down every couple days. Talk about nerve-wracking :eek: I just saw one on e-bay for around $150 that includes the auto-turner as well. If it is within your budget I can say it is definitely worth every penny. If you take into account how much you spend on eggs the unit can pay for itself after one hatch. It is nice to enjoy incubating rather than stressing over it. I glance at my gauges once a day and only touch the thing when I need to add water. You can simply "set it and forget it!" Oh, and the full view window on the top makes hatch time even more fun.

Richard

Evidently Katy types faster than me! I knew she was going to say the same thing as well. Go 1588!
big_smile.png

My hubby just bought me the 1588 and it's on the way!!
wee.gif
We ordered from Cutler Supply. We told them that we had eggs on the way and needed it fast, they rushed it to shipment and sent it out the same day we ordered.

We really need a Sportsman, but I just can't justify the expense right now so I decided to go with another sytrofoam incubator and make do. I did a lot of research and got a lot of opinions from folks here--I haven't heard one thing bad about it yet. I'll let you know in about 3 weeks (I'm setting eggs in as soon as I get that baby cooking!) how great it is!!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom