Best price to buy bulk eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SoccerMomof7, Feb 6, 2009.

1. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    Okay I am looking at getting a cabinet incubator and I know alot of people that are wanting chicks. So where is the best place to buy at a cheaper price but still quailty. Some could even be mutt eggs I just have friends that want some, several, and the pet store want to start selling chicks and knew I have chickens and always ask me when I will have chicks for her. I go get my chickens crickets in the winter, I spoil them sometimes. Okay anyways any suggestions?

2. bigredfeather

bigredfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Yorkshire, Ohio
    Check here on the Sell, Buy, Trade Hatching Eggs. Sometimes people have testing eggs cheap. Also, EBay has large assortments of mutt/pure breed eggs all the time. Eggbid has some as well. After you get started, you could have a roo to fertilize your eggs and hatch your own. Those will cost only the price of feed you use.

Goodluck!

3. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    I would say to post an ad here, local classifieds, etc, or check ebay/eggbid. Some of the hatcheries sell hatching eggs, but they're probably pricier.

4. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    Quote:Well I plan on using mine too but I was just curious. I am going to start off small then try a big batch. I am so excited!

5. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    If you have a amish community around and auctions go there and check them out. Or check out craigslist for someone who sells eggs and ask them if they have a rooster with the chickens. Or just take a driv out in the country and listen for a rooster. If there is a rooster there are bound to be chickens and then just ask the farmer.

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

How many are you wanting? Mixed or pure?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by