Best rooster breeds

Cburci15

Chirping
Apr 9, 2020
Hello, I am aware that most roosters are aggressive in nature, but has anyone had any luck with any breed in particular? The best rooster I had was a Dominique, but unfortunately passed away. He was great with my hens and also people.

My Barred rock roo is very nice and sweet to the girls. Orps are also supposed to be very mellow and more docile. Like nuthatched said all roos are different one roo might be very sweet and docile while his brother might spur and be rude to the girls.

Blue isbars are good med sized rooster that has a large egg gene and it is green. They are also mellow. I currently have a BO he is light in the brain department, but very sweet and doesn't rough up the girls.

Attachments

• rocj.PNG
    rocj.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
I really can't say, because I hatched 3 Cochin Bantam roos and 1. Sweet all the time 2. Sweet other than when he is around unknown roosters 3. He was VERY mean, always attacked me and overbred the girls.

Hello, I am aware that most roosters are aggressive in nature, but has anyone had any luck with any breed in particular? The best rooster I had was a Dominique, but unfortunately passed away. He was great with my hens and also people.
I have silkie roosters and have had no issues with them but again if you like silkies, also handling as much as possible at a young age!!!

Silkies are normally fairly docile but I'm a farmer and don't consider them real chickens.
I've had over 30 breeds of chickens and roosters in more than half of those breeds. I have an answer the I believe in whole heartedly.
Penedesenca.
I've had at least 300 adult black and a few partridge Penedesencas and never had one that even acted like it wanted to attack a human. However, they will aggressively protect their flock from both ground and especially aerial predators.

Back
Top Bottom