Best small incubator?

I find the nurture rite 360 (nr360) is an excellent incubator at a reasonable price. I’ve had great results with mine, and you can search for it on the search feature of this site and see several threads about it.
I just bought the NR360 on Amazon, currently selling for $139. I believe others have hatched quail eggs in it.
I also like Brinsea, though they cost about twice as much. 😊

I’m a Brinsea fan all the way. Their Mini model is great for small quail hatches. If I needed a backup brand it would be the NR 360, based on the overwhelming positive comments I’ve seen on BYC.

I have the little giant and have found you really have to watch the temp and use your own thermometer. You can't trust the one on it. My mother has the Janoel and has had several good hatches with it for chickens. If you're only looking at doing 12 to 15 quail eggs I'd say go with that. Takes up way less space and its very easy to use. Basically set it up and plug it in. I've used it twice for small hatches and I like that it's easier to watch the eggs hatch than the little giant because it doesn't fog over because of the side view.

I’m a Brinsea fan all the way. Their Mini model is great for small quail hatches. If I needed a backup brand it would be the NR 360, based on the overwhelming positive comments I’ve seen on BYC.
I have an nr360 which I bought first after reading reviews on amazon, TSC, etc. I have been very happy with it, but wanted to hatch more at once.

As an early Christmas gift, my husband got me the Brinsea ovation 56 ex I think. It’s amazing, literally set it, and set an alarm on your phone to lockdown on day 15. Some people have expressed difficulty keeping humidity up, but I assume they live in a very dry climate, mine uses very little water to maintain the humidity as long as you don’t open it.

I’m super happy with both of my incubators, and I’m planning to set a couple turning trays worth of eggs every week in the brinsea, and move them to the nr360 for lockdown, and add new full trays to the brinsea to continue the cycle because I have someone who wants 20-25 chicks per week.

Back
Top Bottom