*BEST STORE BOUGHT INCUBATORS*

Fireman26

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 1, 2009
Carrollton
Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best store bought incubators? I have been looking at the Hovabator. What is your take on the matter? Please help.
Jason

You're online so I assume you can do online purchases. I think there are two schools of thought on bators here: Genesis and Brinsea are two VERY popular brands.

Brinsea 20 ECO is affordable and very rugged, also keeps ROCK SOLID temps.

Genesis models do hold more eggs, but are styrofoam, a little harder to clean and are finicky temperature-wise

Best of luck, others will pile in here soon I am sure...

You should definitely check out the Brinsea ECO 20 before you decide which bator to buy. I am extremely pleased with the ECO 20. I did try a hatch with a borrowed styrofoam bator last year, and it was not a good experience--could not accurately control temperatures or humidity, and did not have a good hatch. Check out the Brinsea-keeps very steady temps. and humidity, very easy to clean, you can get the auto-turn cradle. I had 24 eggs in the Brinsea in April and they all hatched.

Little one or big one? Little - made my own after hating the foam ones... So I could save for a Dickey... Dickeys are like the GQF sportsmans and other large cabinet bators - except they're made by a little old man in AMERICA, and they're solid wood and gorgeous. He gives a darn and when you call ... you talk to the man who makes them.

Not a switch board half way across the continent to a tech or operator who never saw it put together in China...

I hate the tiny foam bators, LG is WORSE than the Hovabator. (burnt my hands on the element, cramped space, foam doesn't clean easily) Tried that ran away screaming.

The brinsea's are reported reliable, easier to clean and they hold up - but cost nearly as much(depending on model) as a cabinet model and hold only 20 or 40 eggs.

A Dickey holds 300....

Built my own and am saving up...

I don't have much experience but I bought the Hova Bator 1583 and my first try at hatching culminated today with 6 out of 8 eggs hatching and one is still in the bator as I type. The 8th egg was infertile. I filled the channel in the bottom with water as instructed and my humidity locked in at about 45 percent and then on the 18th day I filled the additional channels, again as instructed, and the humidity went to 70 percent and held there during the hatch. So I am very happy with the incubator. I don't plan on hatching many eggs, this was just an experiment for my Granddaughters. The cost was less than the Genisis, and less than the Brinsea but more than the Little Giant. I paid, I think, $164.00 with shipping and that included the turner. Can't do much better than 6 out of 7 eggs and before the night is over it may be 7 out of 7.

I really like my Brower top hatch. Easy to use easy to clean and has the tuner included. The top is clear so you can watch. The heat element is a 60 watt light bulb. They kept it simple.

Back
Top Bottom