Best thing that's happened to you this year?

It really is. My Dad about fell on the floor when I finally took him up on his offer to give me 2 acres. He kept trying to get me to take it or money in the equivalent. I never did though, dont know why. But God works for us when we dont know why. My mobile home was my fall back plan, never really thought about moving to the country though. My dad told me, I was the last of his kids he ever thought he would see living out here. Yet I am camped out, 500ft from his house, and raising my chickens. So far I am loving it (except for the rainy cold mornings)
smile.png

I'm glad you're enjoying your new life! Your username makes sense all of a sudden!
lol.png

For me, I don't think I could handle living in the country. I love tall buildings too much.
tongue.png

The bustle of people sometimes unnerves me, but there's always a quiet spot I can find down by the river.
old.gif

I love the city too, and could easily see myself living in a high rise. I am just glad that I don't. I am only 30minutes away from a major city, close enough and yet far enough away. Everytime I go into town, I cant wait to get out, the traffic will make you crazy, and the people...dont get me started.

Its quiet out here and for once I am glad for it. I can go for days without watching the TV and be perfectly happy. When I get upset about something, I get out a yard chair and sit outside my small chicken run and watch the ladies, or water the garden, while goats baah in the background.

That's true, the traffic here gets hectic sometimes!
th.gif

I've taken to catching the train nowadays, purely because the bus gets stuck in such heavy traffic during rush hour I waste a lot of time in transit.
lol.png

Then again, there are always so many people on the train it is almost enough to make me self conscious.
gig.gif

I tend to listen to music/ATC if I'm upset (depends on mood). Or else I'll go outside, and look up at the stars.

Last edited:
Oh my lord. I just received a GFM.
ep.gif

Nifty sent me a PM, and the person who did it had a very nice message for me.
big_smile.png

Thank you, whoever it was.
hugs.gif

ray's two cents :

Oh my lord. I just received a GFM.
ep.gif

Nifty sent me a PM, and the person who did it had a very nice message for me.
big_smile.png

Thank you, whoever it was.
hugs.gif

I was just as surprised.
tongue.png
Hugs for whoever gave me it!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Last edited:
getting my chicken named Nugget, Showing Chickens, getting a silkie(or 2) and my dad coming home from being in Iraq for 4 months. He is in the US Marines.
smile.png

p.s hatching turkey eggs too and meeting new friends

Last edited:
Quote:
I was just as surprised.
tongue.png
Hugs for whoever gave me it!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

*scratches chin* Do you think it might be the same person...?
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom