Best white egg layer for smaller yards?

fatcatx

Songster
8 Years
Apr 7, 2013
Northern California
I've been keeping chickens a while but have pretty much stuck to DP breeds because we are in the city with a small-ish yard so our birds need to be content (= relatively quiet) with being penned most of the day. Is there any white egg layer people would recommend that is not really chatty and flighty? Or should I stick to my DP?

I've been keeping chickens a while but have pretty much stuck to DP breeds because we are in the city with a small-ish yard so our birds need to be content (= relatively quiet) with being penned most of the day. Is there any white egg layer people would recommend that is not really chatty and flighty?
Dorking! Quiet, friendly, lay large white eggs. Beautiful, too!

I got Barred Holland chicks for just those qualities. They are a pretty rare breed, I got them from the breeder who is a member here @rjohns39 could tell you more about them as layers. Mine are almost 3 weeks old, very friendly chicks. More the dual purpose type but they lay white eggs.

I got Barred Holland chicks for just those qualities. They are a pretty rare breed, I got them from the breeder who is a member here @rjohns39 could tell you more about them as layers. Mine are almost 3 weeks old, very friendly chicks. More the dual purpose type but they lay white eggs.
They're a docile breed and pretty good layers.

Back
Top Bottom