Best Wormer?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chickenfeet, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Chickenfeet

Chickenfeet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2009
    Cleveland, Ga.
    I have a flock of 100 something chickens - 5 mo. and up. I have 10 Turkeys 6 months or so. 1 peacock and 2 pea hens 1 + years and 4 guineas about 5 months. What is the best all round wormer and can I use it on all my fowl?[​IMG]

2. Lollipop

Lollipop Chillin' With My Peeps

Cayenne Pepper;

It`s a natural wormer. Mix it heavily with your feed to turn it rusty looking. Pepper in the front, worms run out the back. Chickens don`t have the heat resceptors like most critters, so they eat it up. Worms, on the other hand, heh, heh. You can still eat the eggs. Repeat in 10 days to get the new worms, then about every six months for mainainance. And don`t forget the second dose.

3. carriehelene

carriehelene Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2009
    Capital Region NY
    Lollipop, I grow Ceyanne peppers, can I just feel them to the chickens?

4. Chickenfeet

Chickenfeet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2009
    Cleveland, Ga.
    Thank you for the info!! That is actually what I will do. Is it OK for the rest of my zoo?[​IMG]
    Quote:

5. Lollipop

Quote:Yes you can.......Pop

6. Lollipop

Quote:
    Should be fine for them. Haven`t tried it on other than chickens, but it sure can`t hurt, if they`ll eat it.......Pop

7. carriehelene

carriehelene Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2009
    Capital Region NY
    How ironic that I just bought Wazine 2 hours ago, for "just in case I need it" lol. I like this idea soooo much better [​IMG] Thanks Lollipop, your posts are always so helpful.

8. PunkinPeep

PunkinPeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    SouthEast Texas
    So Pop,

I've seen you recommend this several times before.

I have a question. When you do this for your chickens, do you have a recipe? Like do you know how many containers of cayenne pepper you need to buy to worm your chickens? to how many pounds of feed?

Does this take care of gape worms and fleas, lice, and mites, too? Or just roundworms and whatnot?

9. Wild Chicken

Wild Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    West Michigan
    I would like the answer to this as well [​IMG]

10. lfoose

lfoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Medina, OH
    Do you feed them the peppered food for only one day and then again for one day in 10 days?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by