Best Yummy Treats!

Mine go nuts over peaches and plums. They all come up and take turns eating it from my hand. My polish hen is so seeing-impaired that she misses and pecks me though XD

The only thing I can't get them to eat is yoghurt! Why won't they eat it! Grr! lol

Quote:
Great grape advice!!! I had to learn the hard way. I didn't know that someone has put a grape in the treat bucket for the chickens. My NN pullet swallowed it and proceeded to turn purple. I picked her up and managed to massage the grape back out. Scared me senseless...I ripped it into 4ths and she munched it right back down! No more whole grapes for chickens! However, I had cut grapes into fourths and fed them to my 10 week old polish...he downed them so fast that he was choking too...had to get them out and fast. There were 6 grape chunks stuck in his throat...I thought he was a goner...finally he started screaming like I was killing him and I knew that he would be alright!!! They love grapes but please be careful when feeding them!

I finally found a veggie my girls won't eat - frozen okra!! In cleaning out my Mom's freezer, I came across a bag of okra that had been in there for who knows how long. After it was defrosted, the ladies pecked at it a couple of times, and decided they would pass on it.

Back
Top Bottom