Better indoor chicken: Serama or Bantam?

Which breed of chicken would be better for an indoor cage: Serama or Bantam?
1.Bantam isn't a breed, seramas are bantams. Bantam is just a small chicken

2. Why do you want to keep a chicken in a crate in your house, they are much happier outside unless it's disabled

Which breed of chicken would be better for an indoor cage: Serama or Bantam?
So a Serama is a breed of bantam chicken. A bantam just says that the chicken is bantam sized. It is not a breed.
While bantam chickens do generally need less space than standard sized chickens, they still need to be able to be outside and scratch and enjoy other chicken behaviors just like regular sized chickens. 🙂

Sure you can keep a chicken indoors, but should you?. Not only would I worry about the chickens health being kept indoors, I'd worry about your health too. Not good to breath in all the dander, and poop particals 24/7. And did I tell you chickens poop alot? Dirty dirty birds. You would be better to get a coop and put it out outside.

Sure you can keep a chicken indoors, but should you?. Not only would I worry about the chickens health being kept indoors, I'd worry about your health too. Not good to breath in all the dander, and poop particals 24/7. And did I tell you chickens poop alot? Dirty dirty birds. You would be better to get a coop and put it out outside.
That is why I am selecting bantams only!

So a Serama is a breed of bantam chicken. A bantam just says that the chicken is bantam sized. It is not a breed.
While bantam chickens do generally need less space than standard sized chickens, they still need to be able to be outside and scratch and enjoy other chicken behaviors just like regular sized chickens. 🙂
Not sure why you gave me an angry reaction I did not tell you that you couldn’t keep your birds indoors. How you decide to keep your birds is up to you. I’m just giving you advice that you asked for. I’m sorry it’s not what you wanted to hear.
I know people who keep chickens indoors as well and they make it work for them. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.🙂

Back
Top Bottom