Better late than never

Milagros

In the Brooder
Apr 12, 2015
Hello my name is Milagros and I am practically new at this incubating eggs. I am director of a preschool and eager for my children to watch the whole process of the chicken growth.
We purchased an incubator Mini Brinsea Addvance last March, I tried it first at home but it seems that the thermometer there it doesn't work properly. My first bash was a fail; not only for the temperature but also did a lot of things wrong: opened the bator too many times after lock down. (ugh), and even with all of this, 2 chicks peeped, one died after a few hours of hatched and the other died trying to get out of the eggs
sad.png

This time I am trying again (this is when I realized the Brinsea's temp was wrong, I bought 2 thermometers and checked). So I elevated the temp. in the Brinsea to match the 2 thermometers (99.4 was the max the Brinsea will go).
I am there now, 22 days has passed, stopped candling on day 18, just lift the lit to take the rotating tray off. Yesterday, on day 21 6 of 7 eggs were rocking!
Today is a quiet day, the temp in the Brinsea dropped to 90! I immediately reset it so it back to 99.4..
I (WE ALL) hope all is ok, we would love to have baby chicks hatching in the next days!

Thank you all for your time to share your knowledge in this amazing projects! I think I am completely hooked up!

Welcome to BYC, Milagros. Glad you decided to join our flock. My wife was a pre-school teacher for a number of years. I'm sorry you had so many problems with your first hatch. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your second hatch.

Hi Milagros, welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Hatching eggs must be extra exciting with little kids involved. Good luck with your hatch and let us know how it turns out.

Nice to have you join us!

Thank you!
Again, we entered day 23 at 4 pm, and not much going on - yesterday our eggs were rocking, but slightly moving one or 2...2 or 3 times today, up until I left the school.... (4 pm)...nothing else. No peeping not pips nothing. (sigh)
hmm.png

I want to be surprised tomorrow when we go to school!
Our children started visiting the office where we have the incubator...since Monday 5/11 until today...and will continue doing so...

Back
Top Bottom