Beware about Hilltop farms

Well I think my flock now has mycoplasma from hilltop farms birds. It’s been almost 3 months since they’ve had contact with the chicks, and two of my hens have gotten runny bubbly eyes within the last two weeks. I guess it’s not unheard of for symptoms to show later like this. No other chicks added except some chicks hatched under a broody about 5 weeks ago. My Ameraucana from hilltop had a runny nose and sneezing for a bit when she was about 4 weeks old but it went away within 2 weeks on its own. Now with these bubbly eyes I’m thinking she had a respiratory illness. I’m trying to see if I can get some testing done and will see if mycoplasma is the culprit, that’s the only thing I can think of with 2 previously very healthy hens getting bubbly eyes :(

Well I think my flock now has mycoplasma from hilltop farms birds. It’s been almost 3 months since they’ve had contact with the chicks, and two of my hens have gotten runny bubbly eyes within the last two weeks. I guess it’s not unheard of for symptoms to show later like this. No other chicks added except some chicks hatched under a broody about 5 weeks ago. My Ameraucana from hilltop had a runny nose and sneezing for a bit when she was about 4 weeks old but it went away within 2 weeks on its own. Now with these bubbly eyes I’m thinking she had a respiratory illness. I’m trying to see if I can get some testing done and will see if mycoplasma is the culprit, that’s the only thing I can think of with 2 previously very healthy hens getting bubbly eyes :(
It’s means Mycoplasma can live in chicken forever after a chicken recovered, a chicken become immune to it but still can spread to eggs once it’s hatch and other chickens too ?

😭😱 if it’s Mycoplasma.

I have 5 chicks live next to russian orloff chick in separate storage bins to make her not lonely. Now i guess it’s too late. 🫠

I ended up read about Mycoplasma. It’s really suck-. Please keep update. in the case if my flock get that too. I haven’t see any signal yet. Maybe because i’m deaf and unable hear Russian orloff’s sounds and missed that.

It’s means Mycoplasma can live in chicken forever after a chicken recovered, a chicken become immune to it but still can spread to eggs once it’s hatch and other chickens too ?

😭😱 if it’s Mycoplasma.

I have 5 chicks live next to russian orloff chick in separate storage bins to make her not lonely. Now i guess it’s too late. 🫠
Yes it never goes away. If I get a positive test I’ll just keep my flock until they all die before adding new chickens since mine are pets and I will not cull them. So far the bubbly eyes is the only symptom in the two hens and nothing else. When I look up bubbly eyes mycoplasma is one of the only causes so I’m keeping a closed flock until I get a test done.

Yes it never goes away. If I get a positive test I’ll just keep my flock until they all die before adding new chickens since mine are pets and I will not cull them. So far the bubbly eyes is the only symptom in the two hens and nothing else. When I look up bubbly eyes mycoplasma is one of the only causes so I’m keeping a closed flock until I get a test done.
me too, if that is the case, I will keep my flock until they aged then start over after a massive clean of the barn and etc. :<

me too, if that is the case, I will keep my flock until they aged then start over after a massive clean of the barn and etc. :<
The good thing about mycoplasma is after your flock is gone it only stays on surfaces and the environment for about 3 days, I’d probably wait a month or two just to be completely safe though. Looking into getting testing through a state lab, mine would be UC Davis.

The good thing about mycoplasma is after your flock is gone it only stays on surfaces and the environment for about 3 days, I’d probably wait a month or two just to be completely safe though. Looking into getting testing through a state lab, mine would be UC Davis.
That’s good news! I was worried if it’s stayed on the soil like marek disease that take years. 😭

please keep update with your result with chicks

Back
Top Bottom