Beware of chickens!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by BasicallyHeather, Sep 16, 2011.

1. BasicallyHeather

BasicallyHeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    Lowellville, Ohio
    So I wandered outside to see what my chickens were up to, and lo and behold they had surrounded my neighbor in her car...and she was too scared to get out! I hid my smile as I coaxed my flock of *six* terrifying, blood-thirsty chickens away from her car with raisins. They were probably wondering what was taking her so long to get out and give them treats... spoiled fat things that they are. [​IMG]

2. suburbanchickymama

suburbanchickymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2011
    Apex, NC
    [​IMG]

Too funny!!!!!!!!!!!

3. rpchris

rpchris Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    Saint Louis, MO
    That will teach her to come home without treats. I don't think it taught the chickens anything, except maybe they get raisins for scaring the neighbors. [​IMG]

4. hawcer

hawcer Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2011
    She must have thought they were feathered velociraptors...haha

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

The tree guy who cut down a diseased tree some months ago returned the other night to ask me when I wanted to take down an old, badly leaning tree. My flock was not present for his first tree-removal visit, so he had no clue about the numbers of chickens, or the two geese....

"You got lots of chickens," he said, nervously, as they gathered around him ON the porch by the front door.

Yup, lots. Free-ranging, friendly, fat & spoiled chickens, curious about this new person who was on THEIR porch. Three of the roosters were participants in the "mob the visitor" game. They, too, are friendly, but people don't know that, and if they've had other rooster encounters that went badly, it kinda freaks 'em out when my big boys gather closely.

At least he left with a carton of eggs

6. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    Just ask my sister how scary chickens are, she left here bleeding one day,
    (of course she came over here in flip flops with red toenails and a toe ring!)

7. SarniaTricia

SarniaTricia Chillin' With My Peeps

I've noticed that there are lots of people with bad chicken experiences.
    It is kinds sad....[​IMG]

8. toochicky

toochicky Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2011
    oregon
    haha, too cute

9. citychickx6

citychickx6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    Quote:[​IMG]

10. Orange Ribbon

Orange Ribbon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Hee hee, that is some funny stuff. I have a neighbor who comes over quite often and he gets real nervous when the geese play with the buttons on his clothes. He also wears sandals a lot, so yeah, he gets some chicken pecking on those toes too. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by