Beyond frustrated

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by andreanar, Nov 8, 2018.

1. andreanar

andreanar Crowing

May 16, 2014
    Finger Lakes, NY
    I am fed up today! Im so sick of my coop, my run, the mud. It seems like a darn daily battle. My coop doors are cockeyed and not shutting properly so Ive rigged up a bunch of boards and HC to keep out predators. But now, every time I have to access the coop, I have to take it all down, then put it all back up.

Its been raining for 1,000 days so everything is muddy. I hate the mud, Im sinking and sliding. Everything with my coop and run is just tiring. I just want a big coop that I can go out and in without fighting. Is that too much to ask? Yes! Cause I cant build anything and Im too poor to buy a new coop. Ok rant over! (not my pictures)

What I thought having chickens would be like:
    images43V563DL.jpg

What my having chickens is actually:
    mud1.jpg

2. Lady Lionheart

Lady Lionheart Songster

Jun 16, 2018
    Pueblo Colorado
    Sorry for your troubles! But I like the pictures lol

3. ChickenJV12

ChickenJV12 Chirping

Sep 28, 2018
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Lol the pictures

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hope that helped. Next it is all going to freeze and get covered in white. :barnie My back yard remains a swamp as it has all summer.

5. Keeperofmunchkins

Keeperofmunchkins Chirping

Nov 5, 2018
    Birmingham UK
    Oh my GOSH I know EXACTLY how you feel! It's been raining here too and everytime I go out to tend to the chickens it's so gross and muddy everywhere it just makes me curse having to go outdoors. My coop is also a semi shoddy work in progress and despite fixing it up lately it is still nothing close to my dream coop. Some days the poop and mess just get to me and makes me think, why oh why do I do this? :he:th

6. Keeperofmunchkins

Keeperofmunchkins Chirping

Nov 5, 2018
    Birmingham UK
    What I thought having chickens would look like:
    images.jpg

What actually having chickens feels like:
    download.jpg

7. Chick-N-Fun

Chick-N-Fun Feather & Fur Whisperer

Jun 26, 2014
    Upstate NY
    :lau Love the pix! The only suggestion I have is to cover your run. My run was a MUDDY swamp until my dear husband built a metal roof this past spring. Good luck!!!

8. 9SpiceyChickens

9SpiceyChickens Crowing

Jul 24, 2018
    In the coop, Northern CA
    What you expect it to be like-
    [​IMG]

What it feels like- [​IMG]

What it is like- [​IMG]

9. Hobbits Mommie

Hobbits Mommie Songster

Sep 21, 2018
    Lakeland, FL
    Tarps are your friend (and inexpensive).

10. Lady Lionheart

Lady Lionheart Songster

Jun 16, 2018
    Pueblo Colorado
    I have sand in my run now plus a tarp over it. Next year my husband is going to put a permanent roof on it. The sand is wonderful and makes cleaning the poop up really easy. But everywhere I walk I leave sand and you can here me coming a mile away! Crunch...Crunch lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: