Beyond The Purple Door...Chat thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Maybe you can make Silkied GameFowl since they carry one copy of the Silkie feather Gene.
Your birds should be H+/h
If bred together they'll have h/h which is Silkie feathering.
I already have made them :thumbsup suppose they aren't registered as a breed yet ..it would be cool to do. I don't Know the the level of silkie in them because they have been back crossing and crossing for 10 years in a barn.. They look more if a feral mutt now.

I already have made them :thumbsup suppose they aren't registered as a breed yet ..it would be cool to do. I don't Know the the level of silkie in them because they have been back crossing and crossing for 10 years in a barn.. They look more if a feral mutt now.
Have pictures?

Production Animal Science.
Okay, I'm just going to jump in here. Your major has gotten my attention. Forgive me if this line of thinking seems a bit far fetched. But, who better to ask than someone majoring in Production Animal Science? So, while I was cleaning out my coop the other day, I got to thinking about just how much poop chickens produce. Which led me to thinking about how if you buy good dog food, your dog poops less b/c they are using more of the food therefore producing less waste. Soooo, what if there was a food made for chickens that would promote less waste? And, what if by doing that, you could eventually produce chickens that produce less waste? And, by extension, what if that same principle could be applied to other livestock? I mean, since it's really the waste produced by livestock that causes the majority of complaints concerning environmental damages that affect the pollution of waterways and air pollution and affects neighboring produce farms. Just how far fetched an idea is this? Or, is it possible it's a concept already being explored?

Okay, I'm just going to jump in here. Your major has gotten my attention. Forgive me if this line of thinking seems a bit far fetched. But, who better to ask than someone majoring in Production Animal Science? So, while I was cleaning out my coop the other day, I got to thinking about just how much poop chickens produce. Which led me to thinking about how if you buy good dog food, your dog poops less b/c they are using more of the food therefore producing less waste. Soooo, what if there was a food made for chickens that would promote less waste? And, what if by doing that, you could eventually produce chickens that produce less waste? And, by extension, what if that same principle could be applied to other livestock? I mean, since it's really the waste produced by livestock that causes the majority of complaints concerning environmental damages that affect the pollution of waterways and air pollution and affects neighboring produce farms. Just how far fetched an idea is this? Or, is it possible it's a concept already being explored?
:idunno

Well all animals have different digestive systems so they process feed different. So hence the different amounts of waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom