Beyond The Purple Door...Chat thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I got my first egg from my Project Wheaten Crele Orpington pullet yesterday. It's the color plum, which is weird, the color should be cream. She laid another today of the same color.
0216201532.jpg
0216201533.jpg
Yesterdays egg.

Me tooo! I have ducks tha5 want to go broody sooo bad, but I don’t want ducklings now. I want chicks though! And we could sell some for Easter! I wish there was a way to make a hen go broody
If my hen is hanging out in the nest box...how can I telll if she’s just taking a long time, or going to go broody? I have a few, that I find shooting out, because it seems they’re just hanging out. Or, are they wanting to to broody? No one is mean when I take eggs. They aren’t mean when I swish them out.

Those that are going broody will remain in the nest through the night. I'm not looking forward to broody season. Last year I was constantly breaking hens. I have some hatching eggs ordered for May I believe, so hopefully by than I will have lots to choose from.

Some broodies are vicious, others are like zombies. I prefer the zombies. :)

Good morning everyone! I realized, that I’m not sure if you all know my regular name. I’m Denise. :). We got 3” of snow last night and 3-5” more today. It’s a mixture of ice and snow right now, so hard that you can hear it pelting off the windows. I’m waiting awhile to do my chores. And it doesn’t look like a good day to walk my goats on their leashes. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom