Beyond The Purple Door...Chat thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Here is my girl when I got to show her at the Draft horse show here in San Diego. It was part of the A circuit. Of course I had to excuse my self because she was being a Froot Loop before one class. But we earned enough in winnings to pay for the trip...

Katee and I side cropped.jpg

This was before I found out a snaffle was too harsh for her... After that I went to a mullen mouth Snaffle. they are arched to conform to the mouth but no nut cracker action to pinch the tongue.

deb

Here is my girl when I got to show her at the Draft horse show here in San Diego. It was part of the A circuit. Of course I had to excuse my self because she was being a Froot Loop before one class. But we earned enough in winnings to pay for the trip...

View attachment 2029852

This was before I found out a snaffle was too harsh for her... After that I went to a mullen mouth Snaffle. they are arched to conform to the mouth but no nut cracker action to pinch the tongue.

deb
Very nice looking horse!

Very nice looking horse!
Thank you she is my Baby Girl... Steals the blaksmiths tools right out of his bucket and would take the bucket too if he didnt keep it close at hand. One time at the boarding stable we were at the stable owner Asked me to take my Resin chair home. When i asked why. "because your girl picks it up by the back and waives it at the other horses" "yOu can see her laughing when all the other horses are going nutzo in their corral"

Oh and when she was moved in She had a particular fascination with the horse next door. Six foot fences separated the horses... Katee could stand flat footed and hang her head over the top and stare at the Pretty Paint Gelding next door. His expression was Like "Mom make her stop looking at me"

Another time when I had a worker putting up Katees shelter at the house He left the gate open. Katee had already stolen his tools twice and dumped the bucket over. I was busy cleaning out a Big tub... when I watched her Walk by... I couldnt run after her she didnt have a halter on any way... So I followed... Off she went just at my walking speed but keeping a head of me by about twenty feet. Across the front of the house past the Car port, between the Big rocks and the Stuccoed fence... I saw her disappear around a rock on the other side of the yard... I stopped and listened... through the chaparral she went I caught a glimps of her on the far side of the outhouse...

When she came out of the chaparal and Rounded around the 40 foot shipping container she was Covered with yellow Pollen... and went straight into her corral again...

"Went for a walk MOM"... she then dug into her hay pile.

What a goof. My property is eighteen acres of Chaparral with a dirt road through it... Totally unfenced.

deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom