Biddie Death Wish - 40% bird loss

After a long conversation with a chicken doctor, he feels that the problem does not lie in temperature or disease and it is not a problem from the hatchery.

The doctor feels confident switching feed to correct the problem will work and that is exactly what transpired yesterday. Hopefully that will correct this awful problem and bring us back to enjoying the feathered friends again.

Thanks to all for suggestions.

After a long conversation with a chicken doctor, he feels that the problem does not lie in temperature or disease and it is not a problem from the hatchery.

The doctor feels confident switching feed to correct the problem will work and that is exactly what transpired yesterday. Hopefully that will correct this awful problem and bring us back to enjoying the feathered friends again.

Thanks to all for suggestions.
What were you feeding.....and what are you feeding now?

I was feeding a crumble feed, they were switched to Southern States (Tractor Supply he said would have been okay also, sometimes if the same problem occurs on one switching to the other brand would correct it as well) grower feed. Yesterday they seemed fine, I think the doctor fixed the problem.

I was feeding a crumble feed, they were switched to Southern States (Tractor Supply he said would have been okay also, sometimes if the same problem occurs on one switching to the other brand would correct it as well) grower feed. Yesterday they seemed fine, I think the doctor fixed the problem.
So you/doctor think the crumble feed was contaminated somehow?
So basically you just switched brands of feed?

Back
Top Bottom